What is a psychologist?
A psychologist is a trained mental health professional who has studied how people behave, feel, think, and react. Psychologists apply reliable, scientific therapies that are widely used to assist individuals as well as couples, families, and groups, adults, adolescents, and children.
How can a psychologist help?
Psychologists can assist with issues affecting mental health and wellbeing, including:
- Depression and other mood disorders, as well as Postnatal Depression
- Anxiety disorders including panic, phobias, chronic worry, and OCD
- Grief, loss, and trauma, including Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Adjustment difficulties
- Anger problems
- Stress management, including workplace or relationship issues
- Sleep disturbance
- Eating disorders, as well as weight and body dissatisfaction
- Interpersonal and relationship difficulties
- Assertiveness and communication training
- Self-esteem enhancement
- Overall personal growth and development